Here is our own version of the classic Chorizo Bean Soup that Dolly & I made with a little help from Chef’s Andrew & David for C4 The Secret Supper Club with Olly Smith. Unfortunately I don’t have any close up photo’s of the finished dish so you will just have to watch out for the TV series when it is shown on C4 February 2011, first episode Saturday the 5th February at 3.50pm. The Malham Tarn episode will air Saturday the 19th February at 3.50pm.
The Secret Supper guests tucking into Yorkshire Chorizo & Bean Soup.
- Yorkshire cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Yorkshire chorizo
- Butter beans
- Ham stock
- Tomato paste
- Cracked black pepper
- Sweat veg in the rapeseed oil until soft
- Add diced chorizo and fry a little longer until the chorizo oil & paprika start releasing into the veg
- Add Ham stock & Tomato paste and leave for a long slow simmer, skimming of any excess oil if necessary
- Add the butter beans for the last 10 mins simmer just to warm through but NOT to take on the chorizo paprika colour
- when serving sprinkle each bowl with with a good pinch of chopped parsley
- Check seasoning as you go and be careful with salt, plenty of cracked black pepper, long slow simmer skimming off any excess oil…..
with thanks to Andrew Addis-Fuller for the recipe/method.