“I’ve long been a fan of scallops and bacon and scallops with chilli, and this is my combination of the two, using chorizo – the sausage, not the salami – to ooze its paprika-hot orange oil over the sweet, white scallops.” Nigella Lawson
- 110g/4oz chorizo sausage
- 400g/1lb small scallops (or larger ones, halved across the middle), removed from their shells
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Slice the chorizo into rounds no more than ¼cm thick.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo (without adding any oil, as the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil) for about two minutes, or until crisp on both sides.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and transfer to a bowl. In the same pan, fry the scallops in the oil left by the chorizo for about a minute on each side.
- Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let it bubble for a few seconds.
- To serve, place the chorizo and scallops onto a serving plate and sprinkle over the parsley. Serves four as a main course or eight as a starter with a few salad leaves.
This recipe is from the recipe book Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson
No comments yet.