Great recipe using chorizo on Jamie Olivers new TV programme Jamie Does, episode 2 of the series sees Jamie visiting Andalucia in Spain and making a gorgeous looking tomato & chorizo salad.
Jamie Oliver’s Tomato and Chorizo Salad
- Yorkshire Chorizo
- Rapeseed Oil
- Black pepper
- Sea Salt
- Sherry Vinegar
- globe/tiny basil
- Garlic Cloves
- roughly chop some Chorizo and add to a frying pan with a glug of Yorkshire cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil (Jamie used Spanish Olive Oil but rapeseed oil is very popular with all the TV chefs at the moment and perfect for this version of the recipe)
- roughly chop some ripe tomatoes (should be at room temperature not out of the fridge) and place in your salad bowl
- slice a couple of shallots/scallion and to the the bowl
- sprinkle with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and a good pinch of sea salt
- drizzle with rapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- roll up a few leaves of parsley & basil like a cigar and chop/slice up and sprinkle over salad
- at the last minute add the finely sliced garlic to the crispy chorizo and oil in the pan and watch carefully as the garlic starts to brown add a couple of tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- with a slotted spoon remove chorizo and garlic from oil and add to salad, drizzle a little of the chorizo & garlic infused oil over salad (reserve the remaining oil, Jamie suggests keeping this infused oil in a jam jar in the fridge and using to smear on a roast chicken before cooking for amazing results!)
Jamie served with goat’s cheese and a cured ham like Iberico ham or Parma ham a glass of sherry & a lump of fresh bread.
No comments yet.