Cooked by Rob Green from Greens of Whitby.
As featured on BBC Radio 4 Food Programme with Sheila Dillon, 22nd May 2011.
- 32 Queen scallops, cleaned, washed, reserve shells.
- 1/4 Yorkshire Chorizo, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green chilli sliced, seeds removed
- 25g cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 75ml Womersley Cherry vinegar
- favourite oil extra virgin or cold pressed rapeseed
- pre heat a non stick pan over a high heat. Add a little oil and wait until it starts to gently smoke.
- carefully add the queen scallops, leave for 30 seconds then add the spring onions, chilli and chorizo
- toss the pan and saute for another 30 seconds.
- remove from pan and keep warm.
- de-glaze the pan with the cherry vinegar and reduce by half, remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
- pile the scallops into the shells and drizzle over the cherry vinegar reduction
- serve while hot and delicious
Greens Restaurant & Bistro, 13 Bridge St, Whitby, YO22 4BG
No comments yet.