Ever fancied having a go yourself? Our Butchery, Sausage Making and Basic Charcuterie course offers something a little bit different, visit our traditional Dales Farm, try your hand at butchery, sausages, curing and lots more, great informative fun and superb Dales hospitality. Held monthly usually on a Friday towards the end of the month. For groups we can deliver a bespoke course, event or experience and arrange any time or date to suit you.
With five generations of experience our family butchers can teach you a trick or two, from basic butchery and knife skills to curing your own bacon, making the perfect sausage or even try your hand at Salami and Chorizo. Courses are held on the farm near Malham in the Yorkshire Dales, includes farm & butchery tour and chance to meet the pigs and other stock, refreshments and lunch are provided. Prices from £150 for a full day.
Pork Butchery, Sausage making & basic charcuterie itinerary:-
Start 9.30am with a tour of the farm & meet the pigs
- Bacon butties & coffee on arrival at Town End Farm Shop
- Brief tour of the farmyard & meet the animals
- Knife skills, safety & equipment
- Pork primal cuts
- Pork butchery cuts & joints
- Lunch at Town End Farm Shop
- Basic curing & charcuterie
- Sausage making
- You will leave with course notes and a goodie bag of your handy work at approx. 5pm
Our regular courses include:-
- Pork Butchery, Sausage making and basic Charcuterie.
- Italian Salumi.
- French Charcuterie
- Sausage Demo’s at your event (by arrangement).
- Lamb Butchery (by arrangement).
- Chef training days & bespoke production consultation.